Rafael Nadal is suing Roselyn Bachelot for £90,000 following comments made by the former health and sports minister about alleged doping.
In the aftermath of Maria Sharapova’s ban for use of the substance Meldonium, Bachelot suggested Nadal had tested positive for doping.
She claimed the Spaniard had sat out a “silent ban” between Wimbledon 2012 and February 2013 when he did not play.
However, Nadal has strongly denied the claims, insisting injury was the reason for his long-term absence and has since attempted to sue Bachelot.
In the hearing last month, he handed over medical records which explained his long-standing problems with knee tendinitis.
Nadal’s lawyer is said to have argued Bachelot’s comments were harmful to his reputation and had negatively affected his ability to attract sponsors.
However, Bachelot’s representative reportedly argued any damages should be limited to just one euro.
The World No 1 is set to find out the result of the hearing on Thursday.
Nadal’s knee problems have flared up yet again this week, forcing him to withdraw early from the ATP World Finals.
“My season is finished,” the 31-year-old said after pulling out of the event in London.
“I had the commitment with the event, with the city, with myself. I tried hard. I did the thing that I had to do to try to be ready to play.
“It’s not a decision at all. It’s about the pain. I cannot hold with enough power to keep playing.”